Online Resources for ParcelMap BC
Significant updates and additional online resources have been incorporated into the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA) ParcelMap BC homepage to assist ParcelMap BC users and facilitate stakeholder adoption of ParcelMap BC.
Based on input from the ParcelMap BC Adoption Working Group (AWG) and the greater ParcelMap BC community support resources have been tailored to meet more user needs as members gain insight into the benefits of utilizing ParcelMap BC.
New or updated online resources supporting ParcelMap BC include:
- Enhanced and easier-to-read documentation, describing the available ParcelMap BC Data Products, including detailed product definitions, plus a rich overview on each land parcel classification represented in ParcelMap BC.
- Insight into how new plans are reflected in ParcelMap BC, highlighting the operational techniques used when updating ParcelMap BC with Survey Plan Datasets.
- Definitions for how the Owner Typefor a parcel is classified in ParcelMap BC, detailing the closest-to-source criteria used to build trust.
- Visibility into plans for spatial improvementswith a scheduled list of targeted and completed areas, plus an interactive spatial improvement assessment app, to help users better understand positional accuracy in their area.
- Updates on the status of ParcelMap BC adoption, including the list and map of current adopters and progress charts as organizations transition to ParcelMap BC, providing transparency and insight for stakeholders and users.
The ICI Society, along with the LTSA are helping BC local governments and other organizations transition to ParcelMap BC as the current, complete and trusted representation of titled and Crown land parcels in BC.